CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Update

We have been having a good time here in Texas. We have had a lot of fun moments and a couple of bad moments. We will start with the bad and get it out of the way. Clint started work this month and it has been the LONGEST month of our lives. It really has been pure hell. He is gone ALL the time. He leaves at 5:30 in the morning and doesn't get home until 6-7:00 at night. Then he is on call every fifth night. So the nights that he is on call he doesn't get home until 10-11:00 at night. Then it starts all over again. The poor kids don't get to see him for 48 hours when he is on call. It has been hard on EVERYONE. He has only had 4 days off this month and it has been so hard adjusting to this life and going to everything by myself. I'm sure there are people in our ward who think that I don't have a husband....or at least not an active one. The good news is that he only has one more week of this rotation and then it will get better...at least I am crossing my fingers that it will because this has been SO hard.

The next piece of bad news is Texas itself. Whoever thought living in a place that is hot, humid and that has GINORMOUS bugs, rattlesnakes, FLYING cockroaches, and scorpions was crazy. I have been going crazy with the amount of buggy awesomeness in this place. I also had a run-in with a scorpion the other day. I was cleaning the bathroom and I had just put cleaner in the bathtub and here come a scorpion out of the drain. I screamed SO loud and freaked out a little. Of course I was alone and had to catch AND kill it all by myself. I told Emmi that if it got out of the pitcher that I caught it in it would kill her and suck out her blood....needless to say I may have been a LITTLE dramatic. But the rest of the week I couldn't stop thinking about this scorpion and all of his little friends that are going to invade my house. I am a little paranoid now.

There have been some great things about being here. We have found some GREAT friends. We have been to BBQ's, Dessert nights, parades, swimming playgroups, and of course BACHELORETTE NIGHT!!!! It has been really nice to have people that we can hang out with and for me especially to find a great group of friends that I love being with. We also bought a new car...a MINI VAN for me so now I can get around and not be trapped in my scorpion invested house!!! It has made a world of difference. Emmi has a good group of little girls that are her age and she is starting to get some fun friends. Easton is getting so big and is CRAWLING everywhere. It is so fun to see him crawl and explore. He loves to open every cupboard and is starting to climb up the stairs. He has had a few accidents and a few head bonks but still loves to do it.

We are actually heading to Utah next week for my brother's wedding and we are so excited to see family..(when I say we I mean me and the kids). Emmi is so excited to go on the airplane and to go to "Livila's" house...Livy.

































At the Parade on the 4th of July












































Our new van...I LOVE IT!!!!






















Chick-fil-a day...dress like a cow and get free food!






























Emmi in her element...NAKED!!!!
(It was raining and we couldn't find her...
than we looked outside and found this. :)




























Just swimming



















The scorpion that ALMOST killed us and sucked out our blood.





















13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jordan I am SO sorry! I totally can feel your pain and relate. I have had a hard time adjusting and if anything goes bad or wrong, I totally blame it on living here and having this house! Hang in there though, and if you need to vent just give me a call. Love ya, and Livy misses Emmi. She wanted to go play with her the other day. We will be in Idaho on Thursday, and then we are going down to Delta on the 3rd a Tuesday. If you guys are still there we should meet up. I think Kellie is there as well.

The Hulls said...

Oh man we sure miss you guys!! I'm sorry it's been so hard and I hope that it gets better next month! Are you guys going to Utah for Christmas? Oh, and awesome new car!! I think that will be our first purchase when we start residency! Miss you guys!

Amber said...

Jordan, I sure hope next month gets better! I loved what you told Emmi about the scorpion. Totally melodramatic and totally something I would have done! And I love your van - isn't it so nice! Sometimes I think that it is a little over the top with only two kids - but I LOVE it! And hey, someday we'll have more kids :)

greg and lexi said...

Jordan! That sounds AWFUL with all the bugs and no husband around to kill them! You are brave to face those scorpions alone!! I am SO SO EXCITED that you are coming to Utah soon! I can't wait to play with your kids and get to hang out with you! It will be lots of fun!! I'm sorry you have to leave Clint behind, but I'm also VERY happy that you're coming!! Thanks!

How Sweet it is! said...

I sympathize about the scorpions, we had them in Reno. Never found one in our house, just squished on the driveway. Logan was babysitting once and found on at their house. I had to go help rescue them. ya right me kill a scorpion. we put a garbage can over it so it couldn't get away....We look forward to seeing you at gregs wedding!

Kelley Flint said...

Wow, it has been quite a month for you. Hang in there this last week. I totally hope next month's rotation goes so much better. Thank goodness for trips to Utah to look forward to. Have fun.

W. Nielson said...

Disgusting...not in reference to the scorpion but to your child running naked through the yard...PSYCH! That is SO funny! I love that you found her like that! I know I have talked to you but I still love reading your updates:) Love you and miss you....but can't wait until you get here next week!! We just got the house sprayed for bugs too so no worries on that end:)

The Bullocks said...

That is so hard first moving and having no Husband!!!! I'm so glad you've made some friends. I remember hating the first few months of being is Spokane, just feeling so lonely and waiting for the phone to ring so I could have some one to hang out with or at least talk to.
That naked picture of Emmi kills me she looks like a little Indian girl, we'll just call her "rain dancer" for an Indian name.
we cant wait to see you, we love you guys.

Megan said...

Um that scorpion is soooooo scary. I'm sorry!!!

And I'm jealous you have friends, I don't have any. The Castle girls are here to move Nica and I am just following them around like a little sister. Sad!

Jill said...

Hey--I'm Lindsey's sister-in-law. I was just perusing and saw your bug problem--they're terrible in Texas! My in-laws live there and they got a cat and never saw anymore scorpions. Don't know if you're interested in trying that one out!

The Thompsons said...

JORDAN!!! I miss you lie crazy...and am so sorry it has been rough. It seriously is like being a single mommy. I laughed out loud at your comment to emmi about the scorpions:) LOVE it! Call me sometime and have fun in Utah!

Kellie Jean said...

Um...I pretty much peed my pants reading this! You are awesome and I sure miss you guys! We have scorpions too and I will seriously die the first time I see one near me!

The Bullocks said...

that was so funny when emmi was naked in the backyard she is so funny. love, bailee tyson and davis.