CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 04, 2008

Family

General Conference is coming up and I am so excited to listen to our new prophet, but it always makes me home sick. Especially when they show Temple Square in between sessions. I am so thankful that we are in Hershey and that we have the greatest ward and tons of close friends, but I miss my families. Being far away makes you appreciate family so much. It has been hard to miss a lot of fun things and to see everyone play sports, go to dances, learn to drive, and have family dinner every week together. It has been hard to not be there for Helen and the rough year she has been having. It is really hard to have everyone miss Emmi growing up. But with all that said, Clint and I are so grateful to be living here in PA, going to school and having the experiences that we are having. We are so thankful for our ward out here. They have become our "family" away from home. I'm so glad that we have such a close relationship with each of our siblings and their families. It makes it that much more exciting to come home. Anyways...enough babbling. I just was thinking about my family and wanted them to know that I love and miss everyone. Oh and Clint and I were counting. If you count my family we have 21 people and in Clint's he has 22 people(both of those are not counting us). So a combined total of our families is 43 people. If you count us there are 46. AMAZING!!! Emmi has 4 grandparents, 13 Uncles (5 of which are not married), 8 Aunts, and 18 cousins with more that will come. What a family for her!!! (And if I can say, both families are BEAUTIFUL.) The Bullock bunch
The Duncan Clan





9 comments:

gina bina said...

We miss you too!

the murdocks said...

JORDAN! So good to hear from you. And um...can I just tell you how fetching cute that family picture is?? It looks so good with your background. Wow, you guys are beautiful...and tan :) Anyway, I'm happy you are enjoying life out east. We absolutely loved our life away for awhile, but it has been really fun being back in Utah again. Your girl is beautiful. And it's so fun seeing the entire Bullock family in that picture...I can't believe how many there are now! Anyway, I'm sure I'll be checkin up on you some more ;)

Unknown said...

Those are some good lookin' families! I think you and your sister to the right (if you are looking at the picture), you two look like you could be twins. I had to do a double take.

Heather said...

We absolutely so much miss having you guys around also but we know you are having some amazing experiences!! Can't wait to see you soon, we'll miss ya Cliffy!

The Bullocks said...

Our Families are the Bomb!... I agree with you on the family thing. I went to priesthood last night and sat by muyself. It was pretty lame, well priesthood was good, but it sucked not to have brothers and Dad there. Oh well.

Kim said...

That was a cute post! I miss you a ton. I hate that your so far :( But I just love you a ton and can't wait to see you soon! Emmi is lucky!

W. Nielson said...

Ohh, I totally started to get all teary eyed...I miss you guys too:( But I can't wait for you to come in a month:)! Love ya and thanks for that sweet post! And your blog is totally cute!

The Bentley's said...

I'm totally crying... I TOTALLY 100% understand not being close to family...it was so hard in cleveland and we tend to get forgotten often but I LOVE YOU!!!! and now that we aren't there i treasure the time that we had... your marriage will grow so much... you only have eachother... and you will start new fun traditions for just you and clint... I'm sooo excited for you to come out soon!!1oh, and one good thing is at least it's not forever! it's just while clint is in school! love the family pics! super cute!
linny poo

the.lamb.castle@gmail.com said...

Nice family pictures! You are right you have 2 good looking families!

It is exciting to be away from "home" - and have new experiences and see new things.
But you are right it is also hard to miss out on sib's experiences too.

I have loved our time in Kansas- now that we are leaving I feel like it is home. boo hoo!

Hope to see you guys soon. : )